Elm Street, 1896

Photo3

 

Elm Street, west of North Main Street, Fall River, Massachusetts, looking North, April 9, 1896. Cyanotype; George Pitman Brown, Fall River, Massachusetts.

The ruins depicted in the front of this image evidence the structures razed for the construction of the Bank Street Armory and the Fall River Public Library. The large domed roof visible in the background is that of The Casino, 162 North Main Street, “between Elm and Pine.” The popular “first class” entertainment venue was billed as “The Largest Place of the Kind in New England.” None of the buildings depicted in this image survive today.

1594Subscribers
3Subscribers
1594Subscribers
3Subscribers